Service Technician for Portugal Central Area-1500026M
Are you a technician with experience in maintenance and would like to join a global energy company? If you possess a technical degree and experience in corrective and preventive tasks apply now and could be part of a global leader in Wind Energy.
The Service Department is responsible for the smooth running of our customer’s wind farms, ensuring the highest levels of performance from each turbine for its entire lifespan. It works to ensure that the turbines are operational to their maximum capacity, delivering the best possible energy yield for customers. As such, the team is key to maintaining long-term customer loyalty.
The Service Technician utilizes skills and training to perform maintenance work on assigned wind turbines. The Technician will follow specific schedules and procedures including safety protocol, turbine service and/or installation processes, and other direct and detailed verbal and written instruction.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the key tasks are to:
- Ensure Vestas health and safety procedures and quality requirements are followed.
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Maintain Vestas wind turbines at customer wind farms throughout the region.
- Monitor WTG performance.
- Report turbine conditions and collect turbine data for research analysis.
- Liaise professionally and effectively with customers where needed.
- 2 years technical degree in Electric or Mechanic OR a technical education preferably in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Maximum 2/3 years’ experience working in a similar position, such as in the electricity or maintenance industry.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- The ability to work at heights and in challenging weather conditions.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office, as well as software skills for data collection and reporting.
- Good understanding of written and spoken English and native Portuguese speaker.
- Valid Driver’s License.
What Vestas offer
An exciting job in a dynamic, international environment. You’ll be working in a fast growing team which is at the forefront of growth within the wind energy sector. As well as offering a competitive salary and benefits package, we put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
The position will be based at Castelo Branco, Ansião or Oleiros area in Portugal.
Vestas is a company that offers equal opportunities and seeks employees who want to work in a multicultural environment and are teamwork oriented.